Monday, June 29, 2009

Queen Mary


Queen Mary, originally uploaded by dalviaw.

After reading an article in the LBPOST and My Mary was napping when I was driving home, I took a detour. The articles was discussing what to do with the Queen Mary and if the QM is even historical enough to keep. Well I drove over the bridge and was pleasantly surprised about how nice it looked. Yes it is old. It isn't a huge crowd draw. But it is an icon of this city and deserves it place to rest. I would bet that people come to visit Long Beach cannot miss this sleeping giant. According to History Winston Churchill said this vessel made it possible for WWII to come to end a year early. Wow! What you learn while finding places to go out and shoot. I thought it was appropriate to write about it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment