Thursday, June 25, 2009

Petrified Tree


Petrified Tree, originally uploaded by dalviaw.

In front the of LBMA museum there is a huge petrified tree stump. At 10 PM this stump was full of shadows. Tonight, stretched the limits of my point and shoot(OUCH). This was the only photo that I like. To much digital grain in the other photos. But,you only need 1 for The Daily Photo and without taking on a project like this I would have just passed it by. As for my photography it is getting much better. Setting the camera up to get the correct exposure is becoming second nature. A little piece of advice to all digital camera owners learn White balance, and ISO with no flash and shoot away and you will be amazed at the photos you can get.

1 comment:

  1. "A little piece of advice to all digital camera owners learn White balance, and ISO with no flash and shoot away and you will be amazed at the photos you can get."

    Thanks,Bill...it's very hard to break the "auto" habit. I have a long way to go (as apparent in my most recent photos,) but every so often I get a good picture. Lol, by accident.

    ReplyDelete